streams

streams

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Crossroads

Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, "This is the way you should go," whether to the right or to the left. (Isaiah 30:21 NLT)

A few years ago, all our relatives gathered in Detroit, Michigan, for my cousin’s wedding. On the morning of the wedding, my husband and I drove to the church in our car. My uncle was following behind us in an another car--loaded with older relatives.  The city was unfamiliar to all of us, but my husband and I used GPS to find our way. My uncle didn’t know how to operate his GPS; neither did any of the 0thers in his car.  He told us to lead the way; he would just keep up with us. In the congested traffic of Detroit, our cars got separated. My uncle called me on my cell phone. He wasn’t sure where he was and wondered if I could just give him directions. As I was telling him where to turn, I could hear the voices of other relatives from his car telling him what to do as well. I could tell he was distracted and overwhelmed. He didn’t have a pen to write things down, and he probably wouldn’t be able to remember the street names and turns. I asked him to pull over at the nearest business. We retraced the way and found his car. This time, my uncle followed us closely and we all finally made it to the church.

I know that was a long story, but it illustrates several important points. When we are following God, we too are likely to get lost. What should we do?  
--Look for Him.
--Call Him.
--Listen carefully.
--Write things down.
--Don’t get distracted by other voices. 

Every crossroad is a pivotal juncture. Don’t try to figure things out on your own. Don’t wander down wayward paths, deviating from your intended destination. Instead, stick close to Jesus; the Lord will direct you, turn by turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment