streams

streams

Monday, August 14, 2017

Aging

“Gray hair is a crown of glory.” (Proverbs 16:31 NLT)

I’m well on my way to a crown of glory. My hair is graying, and the rest of me is aging as well. Aches and pains are becoming more common. I need reading glasses to read fine print. I have difficulty hearing things, but I also complain about music being too loud. I can’t understand the lyrics to most of the current songs. I have trouble relating to younger characters in movies. I prefer to go out during the day and stay home after dark.


However, I have discovered many positive things about aging, too. My life is more authentic now that I no longer operate by other people’s standards. I recognize and avoid toxicity. I am more intentional about how I use my time and energy. I’m less inclined to get involved in other people’s drama. Experience has made me more resilient. I accept that change is inevitable and adaptation is imperative. I know how little I know. I am at peace with this. I am more grateful and less ambitious. I am aware of my powerlessness and God’s power. I am cognizant of my dependence on Him. I have learned to trust God more and more.

1 comment:

  1. It is an awakening when you learn to accept aging instead of trying to deny it. Age seems to bring us even closer to the Almighty and power of believe.

    ReplyDelete