streams

streams

Friday, August 18, 2017

Refocus

“When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you.” (Psalm 42:6 MSG)

When I feel agitated or despondent, it is a sign that I am  disconnected from God. My mind is fixated on my circumstances and my inability, not on God’s power and grace. I have developed a coping mechanism to refocus my attention. I have made up and memorized a list of characteristics and attributes of God from A to Z. As I recite these, silently, I feel a sense of peace and strength wash over me.

Available
Burden-Bearer
Comforter
Defender
Everlasting
Faithful
Good Shepherd
Helper
Indwelling
Jesus
Keeper
Light
Mediator
Near
Omniscient and Omnipotent
Protector
Quieter of the Storm
Reviving One
Spirit of Truth
Trustworthy
Understanding
Vindicator
Worthy
Xavier (Savior)
Yahweh
Zealous

1 comment:

  1. As you are aware, there is a lot of stress in the family right now for health issues so, I am taking the opportunity to print out your list for a means to center myself and breathe some peace that will release the anxiety. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete