streams

streams

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Making Space

‘Get out while you can; get out of this sick and stupid culture!’"
(Acts 2:40 MSG)

Like many people, my junk drawer is filled with odds and ends. Most of the stuff has no value or purpose, yet I’m hesitant to part with any of it.  Instead of getting rid of this stuff, I just organize it. I sort everything and put it in sections so the drawer looks neat and tidy. This makes me feel like I am in control of my junk.

We live in a stupid culture that bombards our minds with junk. Even if we recognize that much of our time is spent on things that have very little value or purpose, we are hesitant to change. Instead, we try to organize our day so we can cram even more useless activities into it.

A vessel that is stuffed with fillers cannot receive; it has to be emptied first.  There are so many things we cling to for validation. Our relationships, possessions, accomplishments--all shape our identity and our sense of control. We must release these attachments. Once there is space, the Spirit of God pours in, filling us with His purpose and influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment