streams

streams

Friday, October 6, 2017

Off Course

“Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.” (Proverbs 4:27 NLT)

Earlier this year, during a charity run in our town, a bunch of runners got lost. The fastest runners could see the official, lead motorcycle, so they stayed on course. Everyone else just followed behind the frontrunners. Somehow, a few people in the middle of the pack missed a turn sign and ended up running in the wrong direction. This caused all those who were behind them to veer off course, too.

I consider myself to be a middle-of-the-pack follower of Christ. I would like to get closer to the front, where Jesus is--but I often lag behind. If I am not alert, I can easily get sidetracked. This may cause others behind me to get off course as well. Thus, it is imperative that I remain attentive--for my own sake, as well as for those who are looking to me as an example.

Lord, guide me. Grant me good judgment. Help me to live by Your instructions. Prevent me from getting sidetracked. Keep my feet from following evil.


No comments:

Post a Comment