streams

streams

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Receiving the Spirit

“Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is targeted to you and your children, but also to all who are far away - whomever, in fact, our Master God invites.’’ (Acts 2:38 MSG)

Most mornings, I don’t have the patience to wait for coffee.  Luckily, my coffee maker has a ‘Sneak-A-Cup’ feature. It lets me grab the carafe, before brewing is complete, and pour out a cup of coffee without making a mess. This way, I can have a few sips and go about my morning chores.

I wish the Holy Spirit worked this way--allowing me to sneak just a few drops of anointing before I rushed off to do other things. But no...He requires me to be still, quiet, and patient. I have to wait until His work in me is complete.  This same perseverance is necessary in prayer. When we hand someone over to God, we have to keep from grabbing them back too soon.  We wait in eager anticipation, confident that the Holy Spirit is brewing in them.  When God is done with them, He will let us know.

Lord, may we be made complete in all the fullness of life and love that comes from You. Grant us the patience and fortitude to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment