streams

streams

Monday, June 10, 2019

Reply All

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth.” (Ephesians 1:13 MSG)

Prayer is communion with God. God already understands us, even better than we know ourselves. Prayer allows us to know God by reflecting, studying, listening, and responding. In the process, we learn more about the deepest parts of ourselves. When we express what we learn, it helps others understand God and us better.

When I am included in a group email, I tend to only reply to the original sender. I am reluctant to ‘reply all,’ because I’m not sure if everyone would be interested to read my response.


Like many others, I pray through writing. In Christ, we are all included in the message of truth. Think of the Scriptures as a group email addressed to all of us. For years, I responded only to the original sender, choosing to keep my communication with the Lord private. Now I reply to all. When I make my correspondences with God open to others, some intimacy is lost. However, I do so for the sake of sharing my understanding of God and making Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment