streams

streams

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Forward Blessings

“I will thank you by living as I should.” (Psalm 119:7 NLT)

I buy larger food storage containers to share meals with others. I used to write my name on the bottom of these containers, hoping that they would get returned to me. Until recently.  I dropped off some food for a friend who has a lot going on in her life. I told her to just keep the dish. She replied, “Thank you; this dish is a nice size to bless someone else with.” Her statement was a great lesson for me. 

Gratitude can be passed forward by actions. 

We are taught to express gratitude in words and deeds. When someone does a favor or gives us a gift, we thank them. We try to reciprocate in an equivalent manner. We pass around the container of blessings in circles. We do the same when showing appreciation for God’s blessings. We thank Him and hope for more. 

The Lord gives us containers of blessings. He doesn’t need us to return anything. He wants us to forward what we have been given, to bless others without expectations of reciprocity. This is how we can show gratitude by our choices and actions. Glorify God by sharing your gifts with those in need, those who cannot pay you back. Forward your blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment