streams

streams

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Lifter of My Head

“But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.” (Psalm 3:3 KJV)


Do you have days when your spirit is so low that you can’t even lift your head? I do. When I’m burdened by hopelessness, frustration, or shame, I tend to fixate on my dejection. I feel powerless to change my circumstances. My confidence is drained. I cling to the lowest version of myself as I sink into despair.

When I stumble, when I fail, when I am afraid, Jesus is there. When I am sinking, His strong arms reach out to save me. When I am exhausted, He carries me. When evil surrounds me, He fights for me. When my soul is downcast, He raises my chin up so I can see His face. As I look up to Him, my fear dissipates. I notice signs of hope. My confidence in Him emboldens me to stand up straight, shoulders back, head held high. Why should I be fazed by earthly circumstances? The Lord is my protector, my glory, the lifter of my head.  

1 comment:

  1. I am always here for support in human form for those days that plague your pychie. Yes, we all have them and you know what? It is okay to have them as long as we look earnestly for reasons to celebrate ourselves soon. Allow those feelings. Just don’t allow them to change the authentic you, not the version of you that only your mind can see.

    ReplyDelete