streams

streams

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Mineral Rights

“Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.” (Psalm 51:11 NIV)

Most people who own homes in Texas and Oklahoma are unaware that they only own the surface land on which their houses are built. The mineral rights to their properties have often been sold separately to energy companies who are allowed to exploit, mine, or produce any oil, gold, coal, natural gas, etc. that may be lying below the surface of the property. These companies can drill holes miles away and tunnel under your property--draining you of valuable resources.

Similarly, many of us are unaware that our souls are being exploited by unseen forces.  We live on the surface--building, planting, and harvesting according to our desires. We are blissfully ignorant of what is going on underneath. Our Spirit can be sucked dry because of our inattention.

Lord, breathe your holiness into me. Teach me to be diligent and alert. Prevent me from leading a superficial life. Infuse me with sincerity.  Sustain me through Your Holy Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment