streams

streams

Friday, October 5, 2018

Lesson Plans

“The LORD God gives me the right words to encourage the weary. Each morning he awakens me eager to learn his teaching.” (Isaiah 50:4 CEV)

I am an assistant coach for an after-school running program for boys. The head coach brings me the lesson plans a few days before each scheduled session. Some days, I get so busy with other activities that I hardly have time to even look over the lesson before I show up for practice. I know I can count on the head coach to bring all the supplies and have everything organized ahead of time. On the days when I actually study the lesson plan, I feel more useful. I am able to fulfill my purpose as his assistant much better when I know what I am supposed to do.

Similarly, the Lord has called me to be His assistant. He shares His lesson plan with me early each morning. Some days I wake up and listen--unless I choose to sleep in or get distracted by other things. I know I can count on the Lord to supply everything. He doesn’t need me. However, on the days I study and prepare, I am more useful. The Lord gives me the right words to encourage the disheartened, to comfort the hurting, and to give clarity to the confused.  It is up to me to be attentive and studious, to take the time to internalize the lessons so I can be an effective assistant.

“The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears; I have not been rebellious, I have not turned away.” (Isaiah 50:5 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment