streams

streams

Monday, October 26, 2015

Experience of Grace

“My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” (Acts 20:24 NLT)

I appreciate those who share their experiences with others. Some people are willing to tell others what they have learned while going through difficult challenges. Others are embarrassed to share details about their times of weakness, their vulnerability, their shame. We all have these experiences-- times when we fell into traps from which we couldn’t extricate ourselves. Sometimes we are swallowed up by the sinkholes of circumstances beyond our control . Other times we are tripped up by our own mistakes or sucked in because of those around us.

I have been in these pits of darkness. Earthly circumstances and personal weaknesses may have been the causes of my fall. However, my unwillingness to depend completely on the Lord was the reason I remained in hopelessness.  BUT GOD, because of  His wonderful generosity, didn’t leave me there. He rescued me from the gutters. He groomed me. He made me presentable and acceptable. And then He gave me an assignment. He wants me to share my experience of Grace.

Have you experienced God’s Grace--the undeserved. unconditional love and acceptance of the Divine? Look back on your life. Do you think that every time you came out of the pit of despair, you did it on your own?  Don’t be naive. Whether you acknowledge it or not, you too have experienced Grace. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to express this wonderful, extravagantly generous grace of God.

__

No comments:

Post a Comment