streams

streams

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Morning Harvest

“Jesus sent his twelve harvest hands out with this charge: “Don’t begin by traveling to some far-off place to convert unbelievers. And don’t try to be dramatic by tackling some public enemy. Go to the lost, confused people right here in the neighborhood.” (Matthew 10:5-6 MSG)

Harvesting takes time and energy. The crops must be picked, processed, and stored properly. God has sown seeds all around us. These plants have grown and are ready for harvest. Every day, we have the privilege of gathering what God has planted.

I am at my best in the mornings. The house is quiet, my mind is clear and focused, and my energy level is at its highest. Thus, this is the time I commune with God. Through prayer and study, I gather insights. I process everything through writing. I store it up so I can meditate upon it throughout the day. I share it with others who may benefit from it.

You don’t have to go far to reap what God has sown. The spiritual realm is near and accessible to anyone who desires it. You don’t need any special equipment or abilities. BUT, you have to want it. You have to dedicate yourself to the harvest work.

No comments:

Post a Comment