streams

streams

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Healing In the Name of Jesus

“But Peter said, ‘I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!’” (Acts 3:6 NLT)
Healing in the name of Jesus--how does this happen? Is it based on the faith of the healer or the one being healed? I don’t know. There doesn’t seem to be a formula or pattern to the miraculous healings in the New Testament.
After the miraculous healing of this crippled man, Peter goes on to explain that this did not happen because of his own power or godliness. The incantation of ‘in the name of Jesus’ was not the cause either. God is always the source and agent of all healing. Peter attributes the miracle to faith in the reputation of Jesus. Peter felt confident in the power of God flowing through him. He trusted Jesus to fulfill His promises. Thus, Peter became a conductor for the Holy Spirit. He was willing to be used for the purposes of God.
“The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it.” (John 14:12-14 MSG)

1 comment: