streams

streams

Friday, February 2, 2018

Bag of Concerns

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7 NLT)

When parents drop off their toddlers at daycares, they hand over the child as well as a diaper bag. This bag may contain all sorts of things that the parent imagines her child might need for the day--diapers, extra change of clothes, medications, snacks, maybe a favorite toy or blanket, etc. It would be silly to pack a bag for your kid and then take it with you to work.

Many parents are used to trusting others to care for their precious little ones. As a stay-at-home mom who homeschooled her only child, I didn’t have to do this very often in the early years. However, these days, I have to release my son into God’s care on a daily basis. As I surrender my son, I also hand over my bag of concerns. This bag is filled with all my anxieties, fears, contingencies, and hopes for him. God is trustworthy. He loves my son even more than I do. He is the best caretaker. I can freely go and do the work that I am assigned to do in this phase of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment