streams

streams

Monday, October 2, 2017

Forgiveness

“Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” (John 20:23 NLT)

A young tree sapling may not survive in a drought, but an older, established tree might. Just as plants and animals are more vulnerable when young, so are humans. Childhood wounds are harder to heal than ones we suffer as adults.

Most days, I struggle with forgiveness. There are unhealed parts of my childhood that still cause me great pain. These relationships are still broken. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to fix them. Some key elements seem to be missing. There is no repentance or accountability, just a continuance of the status quo.

There have been a few times in my life where I have been able to forgive completely. It was as if a supernatural grace came over the situation. There was repentance, compassion, and accountability on all sides. The scars are still there, but no bitterness or resentment.

Holy Spirit, quicken our heart to compassion, repentance, and continued accountability. Heal us. Forgive us and help us to forgive others.

No comments:

Post a Comment