streams

streams

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crutches from God

Once upon a time, for Christmas, God gave me crutches. My legs weren’t broken…yet. So, I didn’t really appreciate the significance of this gift. But God knew what was coming, and He knew I wouldn’t have time to find the right crutches during my brokenness.
These crutches appeared in the form of two friends. They supported me through a period of affliction. When I couldn’t bear my own weight, they held me up and kept me from falling. As soon as I could walk on my own, they moved away to be God-appointed crutches to other broken people.
Sometimes God appoints us to show up in a person’s life for a limited period of time—just before a crisis. The God-of-Angel-Armies deputizes us as temporary angels to carry out His purpose. We become channels of His Grace. Our role is to pray, support, and bolster those who are broken, while God heals them.
“He ordered his angels
    to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
    their job is to keep you from falling.
You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
    and kick young lions and serpents from the path.” (Ps. 91:11-13 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment