streams

streams

Friday, November 20, 2015

Propelled by Discomfort

“People with their minds set on you, you keep completely whole, steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don’t quit. Depend on God and keep at it because in the Lord God you have a sure thing.” (Isaiah 26:3-4 MSG)

Even though we expect a certain amount of adversity in life, we never seem prepared for it. We try to bar the door against suffering, but we can’t. Afflictions can make us miserable, but they can also teach us some valuable lessons.

“The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.”

Discomfort can propel us to make changes. Adversity can break down our delusions and prompt us to seek truth.  However, Discontentment does not always lead to growth. Suffering does not always make us stronger individuals. We have all witnessed adults who spiral into an abyss of bad choices and worldly distractions when faced with a crisis. We have also seen others who manage to become better individuals because of how they react to difficult circumstances. It all depends on which way they turn in the midst of disappointments. We can either try to figure things out on our own, or we can turn to God in trust and faith. Depend on God to keep you steady and on the right path. Listen to His voice. Those who approach challenges head-on with perseverance and faith are made stronger. Those who keep their minds focused on God are made completely whole.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I choose the Power of Faith. I choose the Spirits of Love and Peace to guide me. I choose to listen to those who have walked my path of life to guide me. I chose to do my best to guide those who walk after me with my knowledge. I choose God's Guidance as my path to follow.

    ReplyDelete