streams

streams

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Access Ramp

“Every ditch will be filled in, every bump smoothed out, the detours straightened out, all the ruts paved over.” (Luke 3:5 MSG)
I never appreciated ramps until I had to push a baby stroller. Since I’m able- bodied, steps are not a problem for me. Yet, when I’m pushing a stroller, every step, every curb, every uneven path becomes a challenge.
Religion should make faith more accessible. Instead it often adds unnecessary steps in the form of regulations and rituals. Those who seek God are often deterred by dogmatic barriers and burdening guilt. Removing the obstacles and leveling out the uneven pathways can improve access to those searching for God. 
Lord, use me to fill in the ditches, smooth out the bumps, straighten out the detours, and pave over the ruts. Show me how to build ramps so that everyone can have access to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment