streams

streams

Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Crowded Pedestal

“I will exalt you, my God and King, and praise your name forever and ever.” (Psalm 145:1 NLT)

Who or what is on your pedestal? Whom do you worship? What is most important?

It is in our human nature to place the Self/Ego on the pedestal. We promote our desires and seek honor and recognition. Many of us worship and praise God. However, we exalt ourselves at the same time. Our pedestals are crowded.

“He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.” (John 3:30 NLT)

We need to humbly step down. The less time and energy we spend on elevating ourselves, the more we can focus on glorifying God. The more we depreciate our desires, the more we can appreciate Jesus.

Lord, grant me the humility to take a few steps down. Show me how to keep the pedestal clear for You, and only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment