streams

streams

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Attentive and Available

“He has never wandered off to do his own thing; he has been right there, listening."  (Psalm 22:24 MSG)

I am blessed with genuine friends. They may have their own families and responsibilities, but I know that I can count on them. Their constancy and loyalty give me strength. I do not take these relationships for granted. I pour myself into them. I thoughtfully nurture them. I have also experienced the pain of neglect--when others have wandered off to do their own thing.  I’m sure it was unintentional.

Neglect is often unintentional while availability is always intentional.

Fortunately we have an attentive and available God. He is intentional about every aspect of our relationship with Him. He never gets distracted. He never turns His back on us. He listens. He may not do everything we request at the exact time we want it done. He is not our personal assistant.

Are we attentive and available to God? Or do we wander off to do our own thing? Every day is an opportunity to reciprocate--to be devoted and focused on the One who loves us unfailingly. However, we have to be intentional.  We must deliberately carve out time and reserve energy for this relationship.

Lord, thank You for always being dependable and available. Help us to remain attentive and devoted to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment