streams

streams

Friday, June 17, 2016

Vessels for Grace

“You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19 MSG)

We live in a rural area, and our water comes from a well operated by an electric pump.  When the electricity goes out, our water supply gets cut off. Thus, whenever I see storms approaching, I try to fill up every vessel I have with water before the power goes out.

“Are you encompassed with needs at this very moment, and almost overwhelmed with difficulties, trials, and emergencies? These are all divinely provided vessels for the Holy Spirit to fill.” (Streams in the Desert)

Every need and difficulty hollows out a space inside us. Where once we felt competent, sufficient, prideful, now, we become impotent and deficient. We become like earthen pots--scooped out in the middle, easily broken.  What can we do with these empty spaces?

Whenever pain creates a void, don’t try to replenish it yourself. Take each of these hollow vessels and line them up in front God. Ask the Lord to fill up your emptiness with the Holy Spirit. Christ becomes the funnel that allows God’s grace to pour into your emptiness. Remain open and receptive to Jesus. Wait patiently for Him to work according to His own timing. Be confident in God’s generosity and power.

Lord, I have so many hollow vessels that need filling. I bring each of them to You. I trust You to take care of my needs. Grant me the patience, courage, and strength to wait for Your timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment