streams

streams

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Relieving Anxiety

“Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.” (Isaiah 41:10 MSG)

Anxiety is a lot like being caught in a tornado in the middle of nowhere. You feel agitated inside, but you are too immobilized by fear to do anything productive. Instead, you give in to the panic. You get caught in the whirlwind. The flying debris cuts into your psyche.  Your wounds may heal in time, but your anxiety usually gets worse as you imagine what you will have to face in the future.

Are you sick with anxiety right now? Don’t panic. Seek shelter with God. Go deep into the safe recesses of His peace. Do not get caught up in the whirlwind; it will agitate you, but it won’t solve anything. Instead, release your current concern to Him. There is no need for fear once you acknowledge that God is in control. He will give you strength. He will help you. He will hold you steady. Realize that God has a firm grip on every situation, including this one.

Lord, help me release my concerns to You, knowing that You are in control of everything. Heal me from all anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment