streams

streams

Monday, July 23, 2018

Expense Accounts

“You live under the freedom of God's grace.” (Romans 6:14 NLT)

The following acrostic is a wonderful description of GRACE:
G-- God’s
R--Riches
A--At
C--Christ’s
E--Expense


The sacrificial love of Jesus gives us access to God’s riches. It’s like being at a resort under Christ’s expense account. We can enjoy every good thing that is offered without having to worry about our ability to pay. But what if our desires are evil? What if we would rather leave this resort so that we can indulge and have our own way?


Free will allows us to choose between living under the freedom of God’s grace or demanding our own way. Many of us choose the latter. We reject God’s generous favor, His aggressive forgiveness, and His unlimited resources. We depend on our own wisdom, ability, and merit--instead of trusting God.


This is just stupid!


I, for one, don’t want to live this way anymore. I want to permanently be under GRACE, enjoying God’s Riches at Christ’s Expense. I cannot let my desire to always be in control push me away from the unlimited resources I have in Christ. Instead, I want to use every day I have been granted to do what is right for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment