streams

streams

Friday, July 6, 2018

Studying as Worship

“True worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23 NIV)

Worship allows us to move toward God with reverence and adoration. Singing, dancing, clapping, bowing, kneeling, etc. are common ways that people express devotion to God--especially in communal settings. Those who prefer private worship may have different ways to connect with the Divine. They may choose to spend time in nature, paint, run, serve, pray, write, or study.

Personally, I find study and writing draws me deeper into God. When I study--I read, contemplate, and ask the Spirit for revelation. Writing allows me to sort things out and connect the dots. This is how I commune with the Lord. I hear, listen, and take notes. Sometimes I doodle little pictures. I write out prayers. I copy scripture verses. I write out whole paragraphs of books I am reading in longhand. Why? Just the process of writing helps me understand things better. I don’t share all that I write; much of it remains private and wild. If I feel that something I have written could help others move closer to God, I share it. Yet, the original intention of studying and writing remains the same: to worship God in Spirit and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment