streams

streams

Thursday, July 19, 2018

What Dictates Your Life?

“Sin is no longer your master.” (Romans 6:14 NLT)


I have a lot to do today--a long list of chores, errands, etc. I usually plan my daily schedule around all that I want to accomplish. This makes me feel useful, efficient, and productive. Yet, today as I read through Romans 6, I came across a few verses that made me rethink the way I normally do things.


Whatever dictates my schedule is the dictator (master) of my life. Currently, my desire to feel useful and productive dictates my days. The feeling of accomplishment, even if it is from minor things that make very little difference to anyone else, is what I base my current feelings of worth upon. Is this what I want my mission in life to be? NO!  


Here is what I want my days to be about:
  • “Give yourself completely to God.” (Romans 6:13 NLT)
  • Use every resource “as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.” (Romans 6:13 NLT)
  • "Live under the freedom of God’s grace.”(Romans 6:14 NLT)

How can can I let these things dictate how I live today?

No comments:

Post a Comment