streams

streams

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Empty Lives

“Apart from me, you can do nothing.” (John 15:5 NLT)

My car has a remote key fob with a microchip that controls all the doors and the ignition. Last week I went walking with a friend on a trail. Since I didn’t have any pockets, I just held the remote in my hands as I walked. We walked several miles before we got back to our cars. I pressed the buttons to open my car, but nothing happened. I opened up the case to see what was wrong, and I noticed that the microchip was gone. It must have dropped out of the case sometime during my walk. Who knows how long I had been walking around with an empty shell of a remote?

Many of us go through our days with hollow souls. Just because so many others are doing the same thing, doesn’t make it any less futile. We hold on tightly to empty cases, imagining they are worthy. We walk around looking like we are still productive and useful, but we are just going through the motions, wasting time and energy. Disconnected from the Spirit of God, we can do nothing meaningful.


Continued in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment