streams

streams

Monday, August 21, 2017

Smart Spirit

“The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. ” (John 14:26 MSG)

I don’t know how I managed to get through the first few decades of my life without a smartphone. These days, I check my phone almost every waking hour. I use the phone to stay connected to friends and family, listen to music, and read the news. I look at the weather app before I step outside my home. I read reviews before I make purchases. I use the GPS on my phone for directions to unfamiliar places. I use it as an alarm, a calendar, and an address book. I would feel lost and disoriented without my phone.

We have always had access to something far greater than all the technological devices that exist today. The Friend, the Holy Spirit, dwells within us. He makes everything plain. He reminds us what we know in our innermost parts. He gives us insights into truth. We have infinite wisdom and comfort within our reach.

Lord, teach me to consult Your Holy Spirit before I speak, before I make decisions, before I do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment