streams

streams

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Beloved

“I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.” (Psalm 116:1 NLT)

The Bible abounds with verses about God’s love for humanity. God’s love is manifested in the details of His creation, His compassion, and His grace. God’s sacrificial, unconditional love was displayed on the cross. There is no questioning the intensity and consistency of God’s love.

How about our love for God? Do we love Him back? How do we show our affection? Do we want to spend time with Him, talk to Him, serve Him? Are we in an on-again, off-again relationship with Him, or are we consistent? Do we get distracted by other people and passions, or do we remain faithful to God?


I love You, Lord. I am aware of the intensity and depth of Your love for me; the knowledge that my love is exponentially reciprocated is reassuring. You are my beloved. I can gaze at you all day long, listen to your whispers, and enjoy your closeness. I’m eager to respond when You call. I shall cling to You and follow You. I feel safe with You. I am Yours and You are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment