streams

streams

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Delight

“Take delight in the Lord,  and he will give you your heart’s desires.” (Psalm 37:4 NLT)

I have a neighbor who enjoys daily bubble baths. She carves out time, every evening, to luxuriate in a tub of warm water and scented bubbles.  Personally, I do not find bubble baths to be worth the effort. However, I have found other ways to indulge myself. Every morning, I get a cup of coffee, find a quiet space, and immerse myself in the Lord. I savor His Spirit; I luxuriate in His presence; I enjoy His company.  

On many days, this feels like an indulgence. There are so many things to get done, so many other desires vying for attention. Yet, my heart craves this intimacy and remains restless when I pursue other pleasures. Nothing else brings contentment. Thus, I return to the One who restores me. I delight in the Lord. He is my source of refreshment and rejuvenation.  I remain with Him until my thoughts and desires conform to His will. His peace washes over me. All is well when I am fully absorbed in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment