streams

streams

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Making Space

“There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?” (John 14:2 NLT)

The Lord makes space for me. However, I often have difficulty finding room for God in my day. I used to devote the first hour of every morning to ‘quiet time’ with God. These days, my mornings seem very chaotic. I allow myself to be distracted. I let other things take precedence over my appointment with God.

What if God occupied all space, and our lives were little bubbles inside His vastness? When we know what we want and we feel competent in our ability to make things happen on our own, we don’t see any reason to bother with God. We float around in the delusion of self-sufficiency, until something happens to burst our bubble. Thus adversity, uncertainty, instability, insecurity, disappointment, fear, anxiety--all can make us open to the Spirit.

“Open up before God, keep nothing back; he’ll do whatever needs to be done: He’ll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon. Quiet down before God,  be prayerful before him.” (Psalm 37:6-7 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment