streams

streams

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Trustworthy

“Fearless now, I trust in God.” (Psalm 56:4 MSG)

I have never worried whether the sun would rise every morning. It has been reliable thus far. There are days when I may not see the sun because it is hidden behind clouds, but I am certain it is still there. During winter, when daylight is short, our star seems distant and negligent. But I know the sun doesn’t change; it’s merely my seasonal perspective that has shifted.

God is trustworthy, reliable, and unchangeable. Even when I can’t see Him, I can sense His light. Even during seasons when He seems distant, I know He is still near. I might need to adjust my mindset in order to recognize His presence.


Fear creeps in when I fail to acknowledge God. The more I attempt to rely on my abilities and my circumstances, the less I am able to sense God’s strength and nearness. I struggle to maintain control; I fail; I fall into despair. There is only one way to reverse this disorder: I must practice trust. I train myself to hand over more and more of my concerns to God. I make incremental changes.  Each day, I spend a few more moments leaning on the Lord than I did the day before. As my confidence in Christ increases, the bolder I become. I look forward to the day when nothing fazes me--when I can stand in the dark fearlessly, trusting in God completely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment