streams

streams

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow Job

Yellow lines separate roads that have two-way traffic. I’m usually very careful not to cross yellow lines. Yesterday, all the lane markers were obscured by snow, and I noticed myself drifting into the wrong lane a few times. Luckily, I corrected myself before I got in any danger. Since I had a passenger in the car with me, I felt especially convicted about safety and staying alert.
A ‘snow job’ is a colloquial term that means a cover-up or an instance of deceiving or overwhelming someone with elaborate, often insincere talk. (dictionary.com)
It’s easy to wander into dangerous situations when lane markers are obscured by deception or insincerity. Deception can be unintentional. Often, it’s people who are self-deceived that lead others astray as well. It’s important to stay alert. Make sure you aren’t crossing the line into a head-on collision; and if you see someone else who is about to go into the wrong lane, warn them.

“My dear friends, if you know people who have wandered off from God’s truth, don’t write them off. Go after them. Get them back and you will have rescued precious lives from destruction and prevented an epidemic of wandering away from God.” (James 5:19-20 MSG) 

No comments:

Post a Comment