streams

streams

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Choosing Sanity

The ‘Insanity workout’ has been popular for the last few years. I am relatively fit for a woman in her forties. I exercise daily. Yet, I decided to pass on the ‘Insanity workout’ mainly because of its name.
Whenever I have a choice, I choose sanity.
You would think that this would be a no-brainer; I mean, who thinks: I need more insanity in my life? Yet, we all make insane choices. Even though we have sound minds, we make senseless decisions and follow foolish delusions.

-We trust people who are not trustworthy.
-We spend more than we have.
-We don’t save for the future.
-We make commitments that will likely force us to neglect previous commitments.
-We claim that our children are our biggest priorities and then have surrogates care for them.
-We choose materialism, ambition, and fleeting popularity over--peace, sincerity, love, and contentment.

Oftentimes, we don’t have a choice--we are caught in the chaos of other people’s insanity. But when we do have the power to determine our own course, let us choose sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment