streams

streams

Monday, November 10, 2014

Good Words

“If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman. You must influence them; do not let them influence you!”(Jer. 15:19 NLT)

Good words can lead to positive changes. Worthless words  merely add to the existing chaos. In the midst of a highly charged situation, good words rarely come to me; so, I try to keep quiet. Unfortunately, this doesn’t prevent others from expressing harmful ideas that lead to negative consequences. I try to wash my hands of any responsibility. I tell myself that it’s not worth arguing over. I get away from the conflict, if I can.

When I disengage, I am not influencing any positive change; instead, I am being manipulated. When I don’t stand up and speak good words, I inadvertently aid and abet the bullies.

Lord, grant me YOUR good words at the right time. May I not be coerced by bullies. Instead, help me to be a positive influence in the midst of chaos.   

No comments:

Post a Comment