streams

streams

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Myopic Love

“This is what the Lord says: ‘I remember how eager you were to please me as a young bride long ago, how you loved me and followed me even through the barren wilderness.” (Jeremiah 2:2 NLT)

I remember being a young bride. My life was consumed by my husband. If he thought something was a good idea, I went along with it. We moved seven times in the first 11 years. We traveled a lot, even though we didn’t have much money. I was willing to go out of my comfort zone, because I was eager to please him.  Even now, after 24 years of marriage, I would follow him anywhere. However, now I speak up when I have concerns about his ideas. In the early years, my sphere of vision was almost completely filled with my husband. Now, I am not as myopic--I look at other things in the periphery as well.

Could I ever love God with such a narrow, focused attention? Will my love eclipse all other concerns? Will I be able to follow him unquestioningly out of my comfort zone? Can I become so consumed by Him, so eager to please Him, that I am willing to go wherever He leads, do whatever He wants, and become the person He intends me to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment