streams

streams

Monday, February 23, 2015

Transparent Pain

Another morning of waiting for the sunrise. As I stare out into the dark sky, I notice the even darker clouds. All I can see are shadows. I see the outline of a rabbit stretching to gnaw a thorny rose bush. How do these little creatures make it through these harsh winters? I look away...partly in despair...partly in prayer.

The next time I look up, the sky is ablaze in a glorious shade of coral pink. I cannot take my eyes off of it. I don’t notice the mounds of snow in the foreground, or the shriveled vegetation, or that my circumstances have not changed.

I wonder if my experience of darkness has any value. Should I speak about the pain, or always stay positive? Should I only mention God’s glory?

God’s greatness becomes obvious when it shines through the dark clouds of suffering. Unless I share my struggles with pain, I cannot comfort; I cannot speak of hope; I cannot express God’s grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment