streams

streams

Thursday, February 12, 2015

On My Way

“Yes, I’m on my way!” (Revelation 22:7 MSG)

After a natural disaster, aid in the form of food, water, medicines, volunteers, and heavy machinery is sent to the affected areas. Even if these supplies are dispatched immediately, they might not be available to those in need due to logistical, political, and infrastructural issues. Food and water may get stuck in airports or stolen and sold on the black market. Medicines arrive before medical volunteers or vice versa. Heavy machinery is delivered, but no one knows how to operate it.

“But as for me, I am poor and needy; please hurry to my aid, O God. You are my helper and my savior; O LORD, do not delay.” (Psalm 70:5 NLT)

If you have called on the Lord for relief, but you haven’t received it yet--there are a few possibilities. Help is still on its way. Or, maybe the supplies have arrived, but it takes a while for you to unpack and use them.

Lord, come quickly to our aid. Provide us with what we need, and grant us the logistical support, strength, and wisdom to use what You have supplied.

No comments:

Post a Comment