streams

streams

Monday, December 11, 2017

Identifying the Enemy

“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12 NLT)

I struggle with anxiety. It would be easy to think that the emotion of anxiety is the enemy that I need to battle, but it’s not. It is just a spear in the hands of a skilled Enemy. If I only focus on fighting this weapon, I can easily be defeated by a blow to the head.

I struggle with certain relationships. Often, I mistake the difficult person as my enemy. However, this person may just be under the influence of Evil. At some point in our lives, we have all been pawns in the hands of the Enemy. But for the saving Grace of God, we would still be there.

The conflicts we face in our lives may appear to us in the form of other individuals and human weaknesses. Yet, there are unseen forces at work behind the scenes directing these battles. Properly identifying the real Enemy is integral to fighting Evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment