streams

streams

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Dependable Caretakers

“It is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.” (1 Corinthians 4:2 NASB)

Our dog depends on us to care for her. She cannot feed herself, brush herself, or even get out of the house to potty without someone to help her. Thus, I consider her needs before I make any plans to be away from the house. I have often wished that I took care of myself as well as I cared for my dog.

Those who are raised in dysfunctional families often have trust issues. When you cannot depend on your caretakers to be stable and consistent and put your needs above their own--it’s hard to feel protected and comforted. This can lead to feelings of vulnerability and unworthiness. Even as adults who are capable of self-care, we may neglect our needs and leave ourselves unprotected.

The Lord cares for us. We can count on Him to be steady and stable. However, He has appointed us stewards of our own environments. We are called to be dependable caretakers. As adults, we have been entrusted with taking care of our own bodies, minds, and souls.  We can ask God to teach us how to do this properly and consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment