streams

streams

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

God the Rescuer

“Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today.” (Exodus 14:13 NLT)

I am concerned about many things today. I strive to do something, anything, to resolve the issues in front of me. Fear churns up worry. I feel agitated, unable to settle down. I take shallow breaths as I whisper shallow prayers. Trusting God with my concerns seems difficult in my current state of mind. Yet, I know I have no other choice. I realize my insufficiency, my powerlessness. Thus, I surrender.

Spiritual battles cannot be fought with earthly weapons or techniques. And, much of what we think are worldly issues are rooted in the spiritual dimension. When we approach our daily concerns with self-help, human knowledge, and whatever skills and resources we have, it’s equivalent to taking a knife to a gunfight.

Striving might make us feel less idle, but it also interferes with God’s work. As long as we keep trying to rescue those who are not in our power to save, we hinder what Christ is doing in their lives. We are not helping the situation; we are merely getting in the way.

Oh Lord, help me to trust you and not be afraid. Teach me to be still, to wait and watch as You handle every concern. Holy Spirit, take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment