streams

streams

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

First Light

“After the Sabbath, as the first light of the new week dawned, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to keep vigil at the tomb.” (Matthew 28:1 MSG)
Lately I’ve been waking up around 4 am--but not on purpose. Instead of calling this insomnia, I’ve decided to think of these as wake-up calls from God. I figure there is something I need to be hearing/praying/writing about at that time, and that is why I am awake at that hour! After I brush my teeth, I brew my coffee. I sit in my chair by my east-facing window while I sip coffee and read my Bible. It’s still dark outside, but in a short while, I notice the faintest light in the sky.  
Many of the world’s religions encourage prayer at dawn. Sunrise is traditionally when most people start being industrious. Thus, the twilight hours of the early morning are considered the ideal time for meeting with God. Before the busyness of the day takes over, a chance to be still and be attentive. 
First Light. Prime time for awe and reverence. Waiting for the Son. Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment