streams

streams

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Selah

“People, always put your trust in God! Tell him all your problems. God is our place of safety. Selah.” (Psalm 62:8 ERV)

The Hebrew word selah is found in many parts of the Bible. The Amplified Bible translates selah to mean “pause and think of that.”

-When a particular verse or phrase tugs at my heart. Selah.
-Someone speaks words of wisdom. Selah.
-I look up from my morning prayers and notice the pink clouds preceding a sunrise. Selah. 
-The lyrics to a hymn drift into my mind. Selah.

I am reminded to pause and contemplate, to meditate on God’s trustworthiness. Even though my days are full of external and internal noise, I take breaks to share my questions, doubts, and concerns with the Lord. These retreats may only last minutes, but they are integral to my peace and sanity.

“Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.” (Psalm 4:4 KJV)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Nisha! Exactly what I needed to hear this morning after sleepless night of worry.

    ReplyDelete