streams

streams

Friday, March 22, 2019

Micro-decisions

“If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it.” (James 1:5 MSG)

How much time would you take to research a trip that costs $3000. In contrast, how much time do you take before making a decision to spend $10 a day on coffee or a fast-food meal? The latter decision costs more per year and has longer-lasting effects on your health--yet, most of us rarely give it a second thought.

Before major decisions, I take time to pray and think carefully. Choices like changing jobs, moving, getting married, buying a home, etc., only have to be made occasionally. However, I make hundreds of decisions daily--about how to spend time and money, the food and drink that I consume, my choices in entertainment, the words I speak, the people I associate with, and how I respond to situations--without much consideration. These micro-decisions have significant ramifications in the long run. Thinking before making small choices may feel dumb. Praying about these things may seem completely unnecessary.  Yet, once we recognize the cumulative impact of every micro-decision, we realize our need for Divine wisdom. We learn to pass everything by God and to ask for His help.

Lord, be with me and my loved ones today. Help us with every little choice we make. Protect us from impulsiveness and wastefulness. Give us clear vision and understanding. Let every micro-decision in our lives lead us closer to the purpose You have planned for each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment