streams

streams

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Three Basic Questions


“Your Spiritual roots go deeply into his life as you are continually infused with strength, encouraged in every way. For you are established in the faith you have absorbed and enriched by your devotion to him!” (Colossians 2:7 TPT)

According to Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life

most people struggle with three basic issues in life: 

Identity--‘Who am I?’

Importance: ‘Do I matter?’ 

Impact: ‘What is my place in life?’


Since these questions are complex, many of us avoid thinking about them. During the first half of life, there are so many things vying for our attention. Busyness may enable us to put off answering these basic questions, but our lives become more troublesome the longer we wait. 


Who am I? My identity is more than what others think of me. It is more than my name, career, status, accomplishments, experiences, and accumulations.  

Do I matter? As long as I assess my significance upon worldly standards, my feelings of relevance will wax and wane along with circumstances. 

What is my place in life? How can I make a positive impact so that my existence makes a difference? 


Our true identity, importance, and impact come from within, not from  shallow externals.  When our roots go deeply into our spirit, we are continually infused with strength and encouraged in every way. When we are established in faith, we are absorbed and enriched by our devotion to God. We can only find fulfillment through our union with Christ.  


No comments:

Post a Comment