streams

streams

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Unresolved Issues

 Unresolved Issues“Keep creating in me a clean heart. Fill me with pure thoughts and holy desires, ready to please you. May you never reject me! May you never take from me your sacred Spirit!” (Psalm 51:10-12 TPT)

Have you ever seen someone act out in such a way that you wonder: What happened for him to behave this way?

Unresolved issues can fester over years, causing us to behave in ways that are self-destructive and damaging to those around us. Processing pain is deep and uncomfortable work. We feel ill-equipped to handle intense emotions within ourselves or our loved ones. Thus, it is natural to try and ‘move on’ by distracting ourselves or keeping busy. 

I used to think that time, therapy, medications, etc., could heal all emotional wounds. While there is value in all these modalities, some issues continue to remain unresolved even with these interventions.  Perhaps we need supernatural solutions for deep-seated pain. 

Human solutions can only resolve issues to a certain extent. The Spirit of God can examine our subconscious thoughts and heal our deepest pain. He cleans our minds and fills us with pure thoughts. He rises up within us to intercede for us, pleading to God with emotional sighs too deep for words.  

Lord, keep creating in me a clean heart. Fill me with pure thoughts and holy desires, ready to please you. May you never reject me! May you never take from me your sacred Spirit!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment