streams

streams

Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Mouse in the House

The other day, my son thought he saw a mouse in our basement. He came up and notified us immediately. My husband and son went down with flashlights, brooms, and the dog. This hunting expedition was not fruitful. All they were able to find were a few mice droppings near the water heater. They put out several mouse traps. I hope they catch it soon, because everyone is a bit freaked out knowing that a rodent might be scampering through our house!

Mice are more likely to enter a house during transitional seasons like spring and fall. These opportunistic varmints can sneak in through the tiniest cracks and gaps. If not caught early, they can multiply quickly. The mouse in our house may have sneaked in last fall and lay dormant through the winter. Or it might have snuck in yesterday when I left the sliding door open for 10 minutes.

There are many such invisible vermin that sneak into our lives during transitional seasons. We ignore signs of their presence, the excrement that they leave behind. If not exterminated early, they can gnaw through our insides, causing severe damage to our character. I wish my family could be as vigilant and concerned about these unseen pestilences as we are of this mouse. I hope we keep our lives clean and free of corruption and avoid any kind of infestation.

No comments:

Post a Comment