streams

streams

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Turbulence

Recently, I was on a bumpy plane ride that made me feel queasy. As long as the plane was at a high altitude, the flight was smooth, but as soon as the plane dipped down into the cloud level or below, things got turbulent. Most pilots know to fly above the weather level of the atmosphere. Yet sometimes, because of airspace congestion, they may not have a choice.

During turbulent times in our lives, we too can aim for higher altitudes to stay above the fray. When people try to engage us in arguments, when we are disappointed that our plans didn’t work out, when we are struggling to make sense of nonsense—there is a higher place to which we can go.

As I release each of my concerns to God, I feel lighter. I trust God to take care of these things according to His design. I accept that the end result will probably be different than my expectations. I’m slowly lifted out of the turbulence and up to a higher level of peace.

An airplane can’t always stay at high altitudes. During take-off and landing, it’s forced to deal with the weather conditions. Similarly, we can’t always avoid turbulence in our lives either. Yet, with focused attention, we can pass through these emotions quickly and elevate our minds to a higher place.

No comments:

Post a Comment