streams

streams

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Familiar Roads

“And how blessed all those in whom you live, whose lives become roads you travel; They wind through lonesome valleys, come upon brooks,  discover cool springs and pools brimming with rain!” (Psalm 84:5-6 MSG)

I’m another year older. I feel more emotionally stable now than I was a decade ago.  There are several reasons for this sense of equilibrium:
  1. Experience has taught me that God is dependable, even when things turn out differently than my expectations.
  2. I know others who have gone through horrific situations and have been restored to stability.
  3. I have good friends whom I can depend on to redirect me when I'm off-track. I can hear God speaking into my life through their wisdom.

When our days are intertwined with God’s sphere of influence, we feel more secure.  It’s like driving through a familiar neighborhood on a dark, stormy, winter night. Whether we run out of gas, have a flat tire, or get stuck in a ditch--we know where to go for help and whom we can trust.  We have a sense of assurance that, eventually, everything that matters will be alright.

“O LORD who rules over all, how blessed are those who trust in you!” (Psalm 84:12 NET)

No comments:

Post a Comment