streams

streams

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spiritual Reservoirs


“God says, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.” (Acts 2:17 NLT)

Most of my days are filled with dusty clouds of chaos. However, I have experienced unexpected outpourings of grace and peace followed by moments of spiritual clarity. I wish I could hold on to these moments.

Farmers know that ponds are a great way to store up rainwater run-off for future use. They pick an area with a natural valley and create a dam at the lower end to hold the water in. Some areas require a bit of additional excavating; other areas need a bit of extra clay soil to keep the water from seeping through.

Could a spiritual reservoir be made using similar methods? What if we could take valley experiences and depressions, shore up the boundaries with dams of faith, and line the bottom with impermeable trust? Would this allow us to have perpetual pools of grace and peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment